Containerlift is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Containerlift may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• contact telephone numbers
• geographic information such as postcode and postal address
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
• ID and bank details for payment account applications
We do have the ability to retain some data in our basket through Containerlift, even if you do not complete your registration or make a booking. Such details are purely used for a one time operational email which is designed to enquire why you did not complete your purchase and how we can best assist you, should you require any.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or services that may be of interest to you
• Only in situations where there is a legal requirement to do so, or where it is a requirement to fulfil a contract of service or to provide credit we may share your data with 3rd parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Please be assured that we do not store payment details anywhere.
Data Protection Regulations
We are regulated by the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
To ensure compliance with our obligations under these regulations we keep personal data up to date, store and destroy personal data securely, do not collect or retain excessive amounts of data and protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
• We may from time to time wish to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In order to do this we do require your consent. If you are happy for us to use your personal information for this purpose click here www.containerlift/contactus.co.uk and tick the box giving your consent.
• If you wish to opt out of us using your personal data for direct marketing then click here [www.containerlift/contactus.co.uk) and tick the box requesting to withdraw or email email@example.com. Please allow up to 21 days to be removed from marketing distribution lists.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of 6 years in order to fulfil contracts, legal claims and complaints.
Access to your own personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to DPO, Containerlift Services Ltd, PO Box 582, Great Dunmow, Essex, CM6 3QX.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to Container or email us (GDPR@containerlift.co.uk) as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.