The recent attacks to shipping vessels, has made the passage through the Red Sea and the Suez Canal extremely dangerous. The safety of the crew remains the top priority for shipping lines until a safe passage can be assured. Therefore, many vessels are re-routing around South Africa and the Cape of Good Hope enroute between Europe and Middle East/ East Africa and Asia and similar on Westbound services. This is creating an impact on the following:
– Longer transit times which are also causing scheduling issues
– Unpredictable pricing with shipping lines who are increasing prices very quickly and introducing new surcharges
– Vessels not returning on time and the replenishment of empty containers not being carried out
– Tight space in some sectors
– Termination of some services
– Transhipments to be affected
The situation remains fluid with daily amendments to schedules being announced, along with pricing adjustments.
Our team are here to help and will continue to provide updates during this extremely challenging period, but please contact us should you wish to discuss further. We encourage you to work with our teams and provide as much information as possible regarding your shipments to enable us to plan and book your cargo effectively, allowing us to provide you with the necessary transparency around the Red Sea situation.
We thank you for your continued support and as we navigate through this challenging crisis.